January 23, 2010

"Dreaming of Spring"

“Dreaming of Spring”
Aceo size - 2½” X 3½” - ⅛” thick
(also called: ATC – artist’s trading card)
Watercolor, graphite pencil, acrylic
Two layers – smooth bristol board & Crescent matt board
January 2010
SOLD

This ACEO sized painting is done in a decorative style.
It started out with a little drawing that I had done on a small piece of very smooth bristol board. I was enjoying the smoothness of the bristol board and the way my watercolor and my pencil glided over the surface. I decided that I wanted to complete the drawing and make it into an aceo sized piece, so I mounted the bristol board drawing to an aceo sized piece of navy blue Crescent matt board, and continued the floral design onto the matt board. I finished the piece with a thin coat of matt fixative.