January 13, 2010

"Red Fox Twilight Moon"

“Red Fox Twilight Moon”
SFA – (small format art) - 4½” X 6½”
Mixed Media: watercolor, acrylic & colored pencil
Stonehenge 90lb paper
8”X10” single black matt included
January 2010
SOLD

On a cool twilight evening this red fox finds a cozy place to hide in the tall prairie grass while the harvest moon watches from above.

I love this mixed media combination. When I was a little girl about 8 years old I received a package of Prismacolor colored pencils for my birthday. I have the fondest memories of sitting cross legged on my bed and sketching with them for hours. It was the first art supply that I fell in love with and although I have used many other art supplies, I always return to the colored pencil as my “comfort media”. In the last 15 years I have enjoyed using them in combination with watercolor and acrylic to achieve many carefully applied layers of transparent color and special effects.