September 24, 2010

"New Life"

“New Life”
A girl finds three baby birds in the limb of an oak tree.
Original ACEO painting - 2½”X3½” - ⅛” thick
Pencil, ink pen, acrylic paint
Lama Li sketch paper mounted on a hardboard panel
Edges painted black for nice display without frame
September 2010
SOLD - thank you

This original aceo painting started with a sketch that I did in my Lama Li sketch book.  The paper in this sketch book is call “Lama Li” paper. It is made by hand in the mountains of Nepal from the Lokta bush and has a textured surface that is very durable.  I love to sketch in pen on this paper.  I cut out my sketch and mounted it to a hardboard panel (masonite - ⅛” thick) so it would be more stable and except paint better. I finished this piece in pencil, ink pen and acrylic paint with a few final coats of acrylic varnish.   The edges are painted black so it can be displayed nicely without a frame.