September 6, 2010

"OH MY! Halloween is comming!"

“OH MY! Halloween is coming!"
Original ACEO oil painting
2½” X 3½” – (official ACEO size)
Artist’s oil paint - & ink pen
Canvas panel – fine weave canvas mounted to hardboard – 1/8” thick
Edges painted black for a nice display without a frame
Comes in a see-through plastic ridged holder
September 2010
SOLD - Thank you

The pumpkin sitting on the porch railing must be a “scared-y-cat”. All of a sudden he realizes why he is there and in a fit of horrified terror he raises his arms and screams out, “OH MY!!! Halloween is coming!

For this little aceo painting I decided to see if I could use my ball point pen technique with oil paint. I did an under-painting with alkyd oil paint so it would dry faster. Then the next day I drew in the details with my ball point pen (Paper Mate fine point) and did oil glazes to finish it. It takes longer with oil than with acrylic, but I like the depth of color that I can achieve with oil so much better than acrylic. (This is much easier to see in the actual painting then in a photo on the web- see my Ebay listing for a few detail photos).
Anyway I like the way it came out and will use this technique again sometime.