November 11, 2010

"Blue Birds of Happiness"

“Blue Birds of Happiness”
Original small format art
Mixed media – acrylic, ink, pencil & collage
4”X4” canvas panel -⅛" thick
Edges painted black for display
November 2010

A wish for happiness: “May the blue birds of happiness always nest on your head.”

I had a desire to do a few different creative things just for fun, so I cut out some drawings that I had done in my sketch book and did a collage with them along with some other torn paper. Then I used ink pens, colored pencil and acrylic paint to finish this art. The edges are painted black so it could be displayed without a frame if desired. (Maybe on a mini easel for example)  There is lots of nice texture in this piece from the layered collage technique.  It is finished with a few layers of semi-gloss acrylic varnish.