November 17, 2010

"Toy Mouse & White Kitten"


“Toy Mouse & White Kitten”
Original small format painting
Image size: 5”X7”
Paper size: (aprox.) 5½”X7½”
Mixed media: pastel, colored pencil & acrylic paint
Strathmore toned charcoal paper mounted to Stonehenge 90lb paper
Matted in a black single black matt with foam core backer
November 2010

This little white kitten takes a rest break from morning play with his toy mouse on the kitchen floor.

I started this one in pastel on Strathmore toned charcoal paper, then I mounted my drawing to a stiffer backing (90lb Stonehenge paper) for more support and continued with more pastel, colored pencils, and acrylic paint then finished it with acrylic varnish.  It comes matted in a single black matt with a foam core backer.  It can be easily removed and transferred to a different matt of your own choice.  I like to send my original paintings done on paper in a matt so they will be better protected in the mail and I have a lot of these single black mats left over from our art shows.