December 30, 2010

"Long Winter's Nap"

“Long Winter’s Nap”
Original ACEO painting
2½”X3½” – official aceo size
Watercolor, acrylic paint & colored pencil
Strathmore illustration board
Edges painted black
December 2010
Sold - thank you

Well, I thought that I had finished this series, but I have one more.  And even although it is after Christmas I just had to do it.  It seems to give my little story a better ending, and I think that you will see why……

“'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;”………
After the Christmas tree decorating mouse team had finished all of their work on all the trees and had their little Christmas party with Santa, the mice went home to their room in the wall of Santa’s house at the North Pole. Very tired from all of their work, they hung their little hats on the bed posts and quickly fell asleep in their warm little beds.
But Santa hadn’t forgotten them.  When Santa’s work was done and all the toys were delivered to all the children of the world, and just before he settled down for his own long winter’s nap, he delivered presents to all the mice that had helped him decorate the trees.  And you can bet that these presents were very nice because these little mice had been extra especially good this year.
And now we can all settle down for a long winter's nap.

I used Strathmore illustration board, drew out my design in colored pencil and then did my painting with watercolor paint and a little acrylic paint used like watercolor, and lots of love. It is finished with a few coats of acrylic varnish.

This is “really” is the final piece in my Santa’s Christmas tree mouse decorating team series, well at least for this year. It was a lot of fun for me and I hope that you all enjoyed the journey.