December 4, 2010

"Mouse & Cat Reflection"

“Mouse & Cat Reflection”
Original ACEO painting
2½”X3½” – official aceo size
Winsor Newton Artisan oil paint & colored pencil
Arches 300lb hot press watercolor paper treated with gesso ground
Edges painted black
December 2010
SOLD - thank you

Here is another aceo painting of a Santa’s little Christmas tree decorating mouse.  It seems that he has run into a bit of trouble from below.  Maybe if he is very quiet and still the cat will go away.

“'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;”………
But that’s not exactly true because Santa’s little mouse Christmas tree decorating team is very busy at work, for it is their job to make sure that all the Christmas trees are fully decorated by Christmas morning.

I am enjoying this theme and intend to do as many as I can before Christmas.  For this one I used gesso treated 300lb watercolor paper. I drew out my design in colored pencil and then did my painting with my Winsor Newton Artisan oil paint (water mixable) using a transparent wash technique, very much like watercolor.