December 9, 2010

"Santa's Art Department Mouse"

“Santa’s Art Department Mouse”
Original painting
4”X 4”
Winsor Newton Acrylic paint
Canvas panel
Painting continued around on the edges
December 2010
Sold - Thank you

Did you ever wonder who painted those pretty designs on all the Christmas tree balls?  Yes, you are right it’s Santa’s Mouse Art Department.  Here you see the head artist Lynnardo completing another masterpiece.

“'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;”………
But that’s not exactly true because Santa’s little mouse Christmas tree decorating team is very busy at work, for it is their job to make sure that all the Christmas trees are fully decorated by Christmas morning.

For this one I used a canvas panel. I drew out my design in colored pencil and then did my painting with my acrylic paint.  I continued the painting around the edges in case someone would want to display it on a miniature easel.  It is finished with acrylic varnish.