January 31, 2011

"Big Carrot Nose"


“Big Carrot Nose”
Snowman – mouse - birds
Original 3½”X5½” painting
With hand painted snowflake black matt & foam core backer
Colored pencil & acrylic paint on black Stonehenge paper
January 31, 2011
Sold - thank you

Frosty is so grateful that he was given a big carrot nose and a wide brimmed hat.  He can invite his friends to come and sit on his nose under his hat to chat and stay a while until the storm passes.  He has made many friends this way and has become a very popular guy.


Shelter from the Storm – part two:
After I did the aceo painting called “Shelter from the Storm” a few weeks ago, I decided that I liked this theme so much that I made this larger piece and included a snowflake embellished matt to go with it.  This painting was done on a 3½”X5½” piece of black Stonehenge paper. I used colored pencil and acrylic paint.  The matt is embellished with my own hand painted snowflakes. The opening for the art is 3”X5” and the out side of the matt measures 5”X7”.  (It can also be re-matted into your own matt if you like.)