January 12, 2011

"Ice Skating Mice"

“Ice Skating Mice”
Original ACEO painting
2½”X3½” – official aceo size
Watercolor, colored pencil & acrylic paint
Arches 140lb hot press watercolor paper mounted to board.
Edges painted black
January 2011
Sold - Thank you


This mouse couple is having a wonderful day skating on the ice on the frozen puddle just at the edge of the forest.  Marsha Mouse has a new pink skating outfit and is so pleased to be showing it off, while Mitchell Mouse is especially proud to be her partner on the ice.

I used Arches 140lb hot press watercolor, drew out my design in colored pencil and then did my painting with watercolor and acrylic paint.  Then because it was thinner than my other most recent pieces I mounted it to illustration board, finished it with a few coats of acrylic varnish and painted the edges black for a nice finished presentation look.