February 22, 2011

"Awakening of Spring"

“Awakening of Spring”
Original ACEO 2½” X 3½” – official aceo size
Colored pencil & watercolor
Smooth drawing paper mounted to illustration board
February 2011
Sold - Thank you
A sleeping mouse all curled up in his den slowly awakens to find the beginnings of a new spring.

I found this little mouse (that I had previously sketched out) on a piece of my smooth surface drawing paper and wanted to add some color and finish it as an ACEO so I mounted the paper to a 2½”X3½” piece of Strathmore illustration board and finished it with colored pencil and a light washes of watercolor. This art was completed by painting the edges black for a nice finished look and adding a few final coats of semi-gloss acrylic varnish.  I will be sending it in a plastic sleeve inside a clear ridged aceo holder.