March 7, 2011

"Black Kitten & Daffodil" - Redone

“Black Kitten & Daffodil” (Redone)
Original ACEO painting
2½” X 3½” – official aceo size
Colored pencil & acrylic paint
Strathmore illustration board
February 2011
Sold - thank you

After a cold winter this little black kitten is discovering the wonders of spring.

This is actually one that I had listed before and it didn’t sell. I did some more work on it and corrected some things that I didn’t like about the cat’s face. I’m a lot happier with it now and I hope that you are too.

This original aceo painting was done on Strathmore illustration board that I coated with a tinted ground then worked in colored pencil to achieve my composition using acrylic paint for the highlights and details. It has a few coats of acrylic varnish applied and the edges are painted black for a nice finished look. I will be sending it in a plastic sleeve inside a clear ridged aceo holder.