March 31, 2011

"Spring Chickens"

“Spring Chickens”
Original ACEO painting
2½” X 3½” – official aceo size
Watercolor, colored pencil & acrylic paint
Arches watercolor paper
March 2011
Sold - Thank you

Colorful spring Easter chickens in their new spring hats get ready for the Easter Parade.

This is another aceo about my fascination with multi-colored Easter chickens. I’m talking about the kind that you buy in the stores to put into your Easter basket arrangements.  The old fashioned kind had orange paper covered wire feet and fluffy feathers with little black eyes. I have fond memories of these as a kid. They were found in my room posed with their wire feet bend around lots things.
Of course since I AM old fashioned and “no spring chicken” I like these kind best and I’m still fascinated with them.

 I used colored pencil and watercolor to work up the composition and then switched to acrylic paint to finish this little aceo painting. It was given a couple coats of acrylic varnish for protection and will be sent to you in a clear sleeve inside a clear ridged holder.