March 18, 2011

"Spring Robin"

“Spring Robin”
Original small format colored pencil painting
Paper size: 6”X8”
Image size in matt: 5½” X 7½”
Colored pencil with acrylic accents
Done on off white artist’s sketch paper mounted to Stonehenge paper
Finished with acrylic varnish
Sent in an 8”X10” black matt with backer
March 2011

It is early spring and the daffodils are in bloom, the robins are in the yard looking for yummy things to eat. “Look out little ladybug, you had better hide inside that flower for a while.”

This is an “I’m so happy that spring is coming” painting done using my colored pencils in my sketch book.  I then cut it out and mounted the paper to a piece of Stonehenge paper for more strength. I went back in with acrylic paint for some accents and finished it with acrylic varnish.  I will be sending it to you in an 8”X10” black matt with a foam core backer.  It can be very easily taken out of this matt if you wish and put into another matt of your personal choice.