April 7, 2011

"Spring Critter Stack"

“Spring Critter Stack”
Original small format painting
Paper size: 3¼”X5¼”
Window in matt: 3”X5”
Outside of matt: 5”X7”
Acrylic with pen and ink
Strathmore tinted charcoal paper
Mounted to heavy weight watercolor paper
Matted in a 5”X7” single black matt
April 2011
Sold - Thank you

While munching on some new spring vegetation Oscar Bunny noticed that he had a young chicken on his head wearing a ladybug hat. It might be a delusion, spring fever or just his imagination.

Stacking animals seems to be some kind of theme with me.  Every so often I just have to draw and paint an animal stack. I don’t know why; I just like to do it.
I started this small format painting by drawing the design out with colored pencil and pen and ink on a piece of Strathmore tinted charcoal paper and then I mounted this paper to a heavier weight watercolor paper for strength and finished it with acrylic paint.
This little painting comes to you matted in a 5”X7” black matt with a foam core backer. If you would rather matt it into your own matt, it is easily removed.