July 19, 2011

"Staying in the Moment"

“Staying in the Moment”
Original small format painting
4”X6” acrylic & colored pencil
On gesso treated card stock
July 2011

.....best to stay on the line
between past and present
delicately balanced in the moment.....

This small format painting began as a little sketch that I made on a piece of 90lb card stock. I thought if I liked the sketch I could transfer it to a piece of watercolor paper or a panel, however I decided that I liked it just the way it was and I didn’t want to risk changing it, so I finished  it with acrylic paint and colored pencil, treated the back of the card stock with a few coats of gesso and varnished it with a few coats of matt and semi-gloss acrylic varnish.  It will come with the media information on the back, signed and dated.