June 26, 2012

"Feeling Blue"

 “Feeling Blue”
Mouse in the flower garden
Small format painting – 4”X4”
Watercolor, colored pencil & acrylic paint
Hardboard panel -⅛" thick
Finished with acrylic varnish
June 2012
Sold - Thank you

Morris Mouse is feeling a little blue today. It’s just one of those days when a mouse feels like hiding alone under a bush in the garden and pulling leaves off of tiny flowers.

These Ampersand Aquabord hardboard panels are very nice to work on. I sanded this one a little this time with a very fine grained sand paper before I began working on it to get a smoother working surface.  It worked out very well.   I will go ahead and use up the rest of the 4”X4” panels that I bought before I make up my mind to use them on a regular basis though because I could probably get the same results on plain gesso treated hardboard, but I don’t’ know that for sure yet.