November 8, 2012

"Sleeping Blue Mouse"

“Sleeping Blue Mouse”
Original ACEO painting
2½”X3½” – (official aceo size)
Watercolor & Casein paint
140lb watercolor print paper
Date of work: November 2012
Sold - Thank you

There is something about a sweet cuddled up sleeping mouse that I like.  I have used this idea in many of my paintings. Here I have repeated this concept again but I made the sleeping mouse blue this time.  He must be cold and that is why he has curled up in the warm sun lit leaves.

 I took a small portion of one of my previous designs and printed it mirrored on some 140lb Moab print paper.  Then using opaque watercolor and casein print I completely painted over the print changing many things and adding new elements thus I have created a new and completely different original aceo painting that I hope you will enjoy.  It has been finished with acrylic varnish.