March 27, 2017

Between Past and Future

Strawberry on the Edge of Eternity

Oil painting    by Lynn Bonnette

Sometimes I see the reflection of my own mortality in the fruit and vegetables that we grow or bring home from the store. I realize that I have only so much time to consume it, or in this case to paint it before it starts the process of changing. The passing of time is a very perplexing thing. A painting of a fruit or vegetable has a longer lifetime, but even with careful archival attention, it too has a finite existence.

The past is a memory. The future is a dream. Now is the only place where life exists.
Life is a process because it never stands still for it is always changing.  This is also true with my art, my subject matter, the way I choose to express myself and the method that I choose to share my art with other people.

That's why I am now in a transitional change period.  I plan to be working on this blog and changing it.  I am not sure yet about the directions I will be choosing but I will still be on my journey. Thank you so much for your continued interest in my art and for browsing in the land of Lynn.